I had a few questions to ask Piere Forbes, change management consultant in the UK and he shared his advice for someone just getting into recruitment, the best career advice he has been given and why he chose to work at Eames.
1. How did you get into recruitment?
I heard about it through a family relative who was in the industry. His success, combined with the potential career path I found very appealing and of course, the opportunities and incentives sounded very nice!
2. What is your advice for someone just getting into recruitment?
Be resilient and prepared to work hard at the start of your journey in recruitment. There will also be opportunities for you to create your own success with the mindset of not giving up.
3. What is it about recruitment that has kept you in the industry?
A great team/management, career opportunities and a great social bubble.
5. What’s the biggest challenge you’ve faced in your career so far and how have you overcome that?
By far my biggest challenge has been my own expectation and goals. Early on when I first started in my role I felt very overwhelmed with everything I needed to learn and pick up, but I had a great team and training programme which constantly told me to stick to the process and trust that things will come in time. Which it did! So just staying consistent with each task no matter how small really paid off.
6. What is your number 1 secret to success?
7. What’s the best career advice you’ve ever given?
“Start every day on a 10 and be in a positive mindset to start the day.” – Jamie Card
8. What are you driven by and how do you stay motivated?
My biggest motivation is making my manager/team proud, the financial gain is great and will come if you do the right things, but having a team who is routing for you and celebrating each others success, inspires me to also achieve high goals.
9. Why Eames?
Great People, with a supportive environment. Great incentives and the best training on the market for sure.
10. People would be surprised if they knew?
I used to do musical theatre!