I had a few questions to ask Raymond Kwok, associate director in Hong Kong and he shared his advice for someone just getting into the recruitment industry, the proudest moment of his career and the biggest challenge he has faced.
1. How did you get into recruitment?
I was introduced to recruitment by my partner after being placed at a bank. I had a little bit of experience in sales and marketing and was looking for a change. She thought it would suit my personality and the prospect of earning double of my current job.
2. What is your advice for someone just getting into recruitment?
Treat your first year as a learning curve and gain experience. Don’t expect to be making loads of placements for the first 3 months, but be patient.
3. What is it about recruitment that has kept you in the industry?
I love the sector that I specialise in and I'm able to interact and learn from different people.
4. What is the proudest moment in your career to date?
Helping candidates along their path and boosting their careers.
5. What is your number 1 secret to success?
Always stay nosey with the market, stay motivated and focus on the goals that you have set yourself.
6. What’s the best career advice you’ve ever been given?
Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success.
7. What are you driven by and how do you stay motivated?
I'm motivated by my own self-belief and being surrounded by people who can give me positive advice.
8. Why Eames?
I was brought into Eames with my current manager and friend and I was impressed by the people I met and as a firm. The commission structure is extremely competitive and progression is very structured.